This is the day I have been waiting for, the whole of last year! Birthdays and Anniversaries are fun and highly emotional.I have always loved writing, from as far I can remember! As a kid in grade four, I was already a voracious reader and the school library soon outgrew me. Writing was the next obvious step. It all began with scribbles of four lines, sometimes more, which I called poetry, very proudly. This continued in the background throughout my schooling and college years. I would never show my proud “creations” to anyone. Until 8 years ago, when I joined a few social networking sites. Slowly, I began to write in a public forum and found similar minded fellow writers. Yes, by then the word “writer” had begun to fascinate me. Last year, on this day, a friend who is also my cherished guide, introduced me to this wonderful world of blogging!
Musings On Life was born on this day, last year, with an excited me, bubbling with a childlike enthusiasm. It took me a couple of weeks to work around this platform and make myself comfortable. Then, the poems, stories, random thoughts and more began to trickle in. Slowly the followers arrived and made for a real blogging experience, what with the many discussions, suggestions and not to forget the appreciations and loads of encouragement. Here, I am today, celebrating the first year anniversary of my blog!
This last one year has seen me grow as a writer in tremendous ways. I can now boast of having developed a distinct style of writing (even if I say so myself :)). Having interacted with various fellow bloggers, blogging soon became an identity for me. I went on to win a couple of blogging contests which boosted my morale further.
Knowledge expands when you share. So, here comes my list of the 10 things I’ve learned since I started Blogging.
- Blogging is not the same as writing. While blogging connects you to the world instantly, writing for a print magazine may or may not.
- One has to be regular in blogging to keep afloat ( read…..to be in the news). One post or a few in a month, is simply not enough, especially in the beginning years while you are still trying to make a mark.
- Interacting with fellow bloggers is mandatory, how else can you prove your presence? 🙂
- Taking care of your kitchen( read workstation) is very important. As an untidy kitchen may not motivate you to cook happily, similarly, a shabby writing desk cluttered with wastes simply cannot dish out a spectacular post.
- Reading is very important while you blog, more important than writing, as one learns or even unlearns due to this skill. Your unique style develops only after a good dose of reading.
- Writing quality content depends on your intent. Make a goal and go all out in achieving it.
- Blogging is a wonderful world where you meet like minded people and some go onto become your cherished friends.
- It is important to schedule your posts well before time, else you would lose all the shine 🙂
- Appreciation should be free flowing. In giving is receiving 🙂
- Blogging can take you places. Fasten your seat belts 🙂
I can still remember the thrill and excitement I felt as I clicked the publish button for the very first time as my first post went public! I have enjoyed writing, learning, appreciation, criticism (thankfully not much) and above all publishing my posts. Life has become more interesting since the birth of my blog. There is something to look forward to each day.
I would like to thank all the beautiful people who follow Musings On Life, without whose support and love shown to my blog, this would not have been possible. So, keep following my posts and encouraging me and my blog.
A new beginning, new way
Welcoming a brand new day
With hope, aspirations
And beautiful creations
With ideas and outlines
A unique Jewel shines
I cannot hide